Have you ever thought that the world needs more cheerleaders? Growing up in a society that exposed us to the feeling of “not good enough”, and the worldly standards of “what should be-s”, life can be pretty challenging. This is the reason why KLcameo has been built- to simply be there to understand, inspire, and spread kindness by celebrating small and big wins together. So there would be no better feeling to discover something that supports the same cause. The Global Aussie
The Liebster Award 2017 is given to starting bloggers as a way to be discovered, and a platform to connect and support the blogging community. This originated from the German word “Liebster” which means dearest, valued, and welcome.
First off, I would like to thank Mane for nominating me this award. I am truly humbled and honored that a fellow blogger would be so supportive and kind to share what this page has, despite the relative niche differences. Yet, what connects us to a deeper level is that we’re both dreamers. She has a heart of adventurous spirit translated to a straightforward blog. Indeed,Pollyanna which means optimism, would be your worthy go-to when looking for a decent destination which could bring you peace. Now I’m off to answering the nomination questions she has made for me:
- What is the best piece of advice you have been given?
Acknowledge first, then move on. This applies to most of the challenges we’re faced with- a mistake, hurt, or failure. What could help us move forward is not denial, rather an acknowledgment and acceptance on the things we can’t control. We allow ourselves to feel it the moment we know it’s happening, but eventually we let it go. By then, we would know how to handle things better and grow wiser.
- If all jobs paid the same, what would you be doing?
I would become a missionary and travel the world. Helping the less fortunate as a way of living and discovering new places make me feel more alive. It’s would surely unlock a different side of me each time.
- Who are you when no one’s watching?
A daydreamer. My mind would wander off to the most exciting visions of travel and business when I’m alone. That’s why I never get bored!
- What motivates you to blog?
The chance and art to move hearts into action through an idea. I experience this every single time I watch motivational videos from credible sources. Oftentimes, when I would feel lost and needing a bit of comfort from someone who has travelled the path that I want, I’d just tune in and would feel better after. I want this to happen in writing. Give people a firm kick to get off their butts to move and act, and at the same time a gentle tap in the back for some comfort and appreciation.
- What’s your memorable place and why?
A stage. Nothing in particular, but every stage that I have walked through, facing the crowd. As unusual as it sounds, it’s just my happy place and where I feel most at home. It makes my heart giddy knowing that I am able to impart another form of excellence and shared gift from God.
- What does being successful mean to you?
To inspire with excellence. In any field. That is success. Avoiding mediocre work at all costs.
- Favorite food
There’s this wrapped, fried, thinly sliced banana called “turon” in our home country. It’s a must try for everyone wanting to visit the Philippines and has a sweet tooth.
- What skill would you like to master?
Learning languages. Wouldn’t it be such an exciting idea to be able to overcome the language barrier and converse with every nationality fluently? It’s my ultimate dream!
- Are you a morning person?
It varies, but most of the time at 2am- that’s when my creative juices would come rushing in.
- Your advice to aspiring bloggers
Don’t let fear or doubt get in your way. You may feel every part of it, which makes you not want to start it, but DO it anyway.
Now on to my FAVORITE BLOG: Kryz Uy
A scholar, dancer, believer, and a dreamer who loves the finer art of things. 5 years forward the vision lane. It’s as if I could mirror my future self in her. From the page she has created that is very straightforward, the meticulously designed layout is still undeniable. Life+ style + travel. She’s a perfect epitome of a walking magazine. Something that is crafted so elegantly and flawlessly not just from the cover, but also on the inside. By going into the contents, you are assured to be fed nothing but value and class. The world needs more of an authentic and excellent artist like her. Someone who exudes grace, humility, and kindness effortlessly. They say that “your vibe attracts your tribe”, and the community that she creates through her blog is something that I am drawn to. She inspires with excellence, and so I will follow her at a heartbeat.
FUN FACTS YOU MAY OR MAY NOT KNOW ABOUT ME:
- I love dancing, ever since I was a kid!
- Look up the traits of a Capricorn woman. 99% me!
- Having consistently topped the honor list from pre school up until college, I was able to finish my undergraduate degree by being a scholar. This makes me used to being on the limelight. From dancing, singing, hosting, orating, debating, to quiz bees, name it. Excellence is my comrade.
- Table Tennis was my favorite sport. Well maybe up until now. I miss playing pingpong!
- I seem reserved and distant towards love, but trust me, I’m a hopeless romantic. That’s why I love K-dramas!
- I always get scolded by my mom because of my laugh- it’s loud and weird.
- You could either catch me having the boyish walk or catwalk. There’s no in between.
- I’m a firm believer of platonic relationships. I have a guy best friend of 9 years.
- I have a favorite animal which is white, innocent, and cuddly. Dog? Panda? Cat? Nope, nope, nope. I spend most of my time with you when you know it!
- I have a lowkey obsession with hats. I just go all over Pinterest and Instagram, and get amazed by how it polishes the overall look of a person.
- KL from KLcameo stands for my name initials. Cameo on the other hand, is a classic piece of jewelry with a carved image, that came from an Italian word meaning “to engrave”. The mission of this blog is to engrave the right amount of positivity and proper mindset needed, in order to jumpstart and achieve every person’s individual goals towards success.
MY TOP NOMINEES IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER:
Question for Nominees
- If you would have a 10-minute talk with any person, who would it be and why?
- What is that one thing you can’t live without?
- Would you rather be at home or constantly travelling?
- Knowledge or money?
- Wallet or phone?
- Beauty or Fame?
- For what in your life do you feel most grateful for?
- Name one particular instance of when and how travelling has changed you.
- What keeps you going?
- Name one important step to overcome a mistake or failure.
- Your advice to aspiring bloggers.
Nominees, are you up to the challenge? Read below and shine on!
- Thank the person who nominated you, and put a link to their blog on your blog.
- Display the award (feature image) on your blog.
- Write a 150-300-word post about your favorite blog that is not your own. Explain why you like the blog, provide links.
- Provide 10 random facts about yourself (optional).
- Nominate 5 – 11 bloggers who have less than 200 followers that you feel deserve the award.
- List these rules in your post.
- Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster Award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it.
- Post a comment in the comments of (the award post) so your post and blog can be viewed.